Like Us on Facebook
JALAPENO CRANBERRY MARTINI
2 Tbsp. Sweet Jalapeno Syrup (or less, if desired)
1.5 - 2 oz. vodka
1/4 cup cranberry juice
2 teaspoons lime juice
Place Sweet Jalapeno Syrupin a cocktail shaker.
Add vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice and fill shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until cold. Strain into a chilled martini glass or serve on the rocks.
TRISHA'S SWEET JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
My niece, Trisha came up with this taste treat at a recent family gathering. I added her Sweet Jalapeno Treats twist to my deviled egg recipe.
7 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 Tablespoons coleslaw dressing
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped Sweet Jalapeno Treats
1. Cut eggs in half, remove yolks.
2. Add rest of ingredients and mix very well.
3. Fill eggs with mixture and top with additional Sweet Jalapeno Treats.
JALAPENO MINT JULEP
4-6 fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp. Sweet Jalapeno Syrup(or more, if desired)
1.5 - 2.0 oz. bourbon
1 fresh mint leaf sprig left whole for garnish
Optional: Powdered sugar for glass rim
1. Optional: Wet rim of glass and dip in powdered sugar
2. Muddle mint leaves in bottom on glass with a little club soda to release mint flavor from leaves.
3. Add Sweet Jalapeno Syrup& bourbon, top with club soda, if desired.
4. Garnish with fresh mint leaf sprig
2 Tablespoons Sweet Jalapeno Syrup (or more)
1.5 ounces tequila
.5 ounce triple sec (or other orange-flavored liqueur)
1 ounce fresh lime juice
Lime wedge for garnish
Salt or sugar to rim the glass (optional)
THROW BACK CHEESE BALL
When I got married in 1979, cheese balls were the rage! Here are some ideas to incorporate Sweet Jalapeno Treats into new age cheese balls...
Pineapple- Sweet Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Warning: This makes a gigantic ball or several smaller balls.
8-ounces crushed fresh or canned pineapple, drained reserving 1 Tbsp. liquid
2- 8 oz. pks of cream cheese or neufchâtel cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 slices cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
1/2 - 1 cup Sweet Jalapeno Treats (you decide amount)
2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 tsp. soy sauce (optional)
1. Mix together all the cheeses and 1 Tbsp. of pineapple juice.
2. Add pineapple, bacon, Sweet Jalapeno Treats, chopped green onion and soy sauce, if adding.
3. Shape into 1 large ball or 2 smaller balls and chill.
4. Optional: Just before serving roll ball in finely chopped nuts, dried or minced parsley, or finely chopped cereal such as granola.
5. Suggestion: Have jar of Sweet Jalapeno Treats available on the side for guests to add on top for an extra kick.
6. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
RAYNA'S ZIPPY CORN BREAD
My fraternal twin sister, Rayna (we look NOTHING alike) loves to add Sweet Jalapeno Treats and Sweet Jalapeno Syrup to her cornbread.
Laura, one of our farmer's market customers, shared her nacho recipe using Sweet Jalapeno Treats.
Laura's "Nuked" Nachos
Black beans, rinsed and drained
Avocado, sliced or diced
Sweet Jalapeno Treats
Shredded cheese of your choice
Fill a microwaveable plate with nacho chips. Add black beans, avocado, Sweet Jalapeno Treats, top with cheese. Nuke at high for 30 second increments until done. Thanks, Laura!
6-8 fresh mint leaves
1-2 Tbsp. Sweet Jalapeno Syrup
1 lime, halved
2 ounces light rum
Mint sprig for garnish
1. Muddle mint leaves in bottom on glass with a little club soda to release mint flavor from leaves.
2. Add Sweet Jalapeno Syrup, juice from half a lime, rum, top with club soda, if desired.
3. Garnish with fresh mint leaf sprig
Stuffed celery was also a staple appetizer/snack when I was a young married woman but I thought it had gone by the wayside.
Imagine my surprise when my niece, Mandy recently shared her state-of-the-art stuffed celery recipe using my Sweet Jalapeno Treats.
Mandy's Stuffed Celery
Celery ribs, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
4 oz cream cheese or neufchâtel cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz package) or you can use use whipped cream cheese.
1/4 - 1/2 cup Sweet Jalapeno Treats
4-6 slices cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
1. Cut celery ribs
2. Mix cream cheese or neufchâtel with Sweet Jalapeno Treats and crumbled bacon
3. Spread on celery ribs.